Saturday, April 28, 2012

I got this one today, I got 3 others also. This one will have a more pronounced double edge in later blooms and scapes.  My experence has been that it usually takes a seedling in it's second year to be able to tell much about but count and branching. The scapes usually get larger in the second and third year.. I also have noticed that if the seedlings are planted too thick they will go up to sunlight on a more spindly scape but get shorter later if not fighting for sunlight.  Most of my seedlings that bloom in the water beds will bloom on a shorter , stronger scape the following year. I don't know if the water beds has any thing to do with this. How do you check spelling on this blog? I'm still dumber than sheet rock about this blog thing. I won't try for two tonight. The one I tried last night I tried to drag it to the bottom of the narrative and I think I dragged it under the table, I haven't looked yet..gotta Go...T

3 comments:

  1. T...Very nice seedling...like the look of that double edge...nice colors...does it have Abilene Lillian parentage? This post looks great...when will you dragg up all those seedlings that are under your computer table for us to enjoy?....can you post more the once a day? Keep on Blogging...L;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy! Fabulous seedling! These cherry pink faces & edges are my favorites. Please don't drop any in your lap as you drag them around. The stain may not come out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seedling comes from my ABILENE LILLIAN, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete